Scientifically known as Lentinula edodes.
It has a very good taste.
- Protein: 13-18% (Caps), 11% (Stalks)
- Good Source of Niacin: 55mg
- Thiamin: 7.8mg
- Riboflavin: 5.0mg/100g
- Fiber: 6-13%
- Fat: 2-5%
This Mushroom contains Lentinan, a water soluble polysaccharide (β-1, 3 glucan with β -1, 6 and β -1, 3glucopyranoside branchings), extracted from this mushroom is an approved anticancer drug in Japan. Numerous clinical trails of this mushroom have shown its immunopotentiating and anti viral activities.
It is used medicinally for diseases involving depressed immune function including –
- Cancer, AIDS.
- Environmental allergies.
- Candida infections.
- Frequent flu and colds.
- Soothing bronchial inflammation.
- Regulating urine incontinence.
- Reducing chronic high cholesterol.
- Lentinan is also immunomodulating agent useful as –
- rejuvenative for older persons.
- prophylactically to protect healthy physically active young people from overwork and exhaustion.